Monday, May 11, 2015

Email May 11, 2015

Email May 11, 2015 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton

Bunch of Burtons

It was great to see you on Skype yesterday, and be able to talk to you all for an hour! Its great to hear how things are going back home. Remember that I'm praying for all of you.

This last week has been exciting in a new area. New people, new places, new experiences. I keep running into small blessings that open my eyes to understand that this really is where the Lord wants me to be at the moment. He is providing so many new opportunities for growth and progression. I have never felt such a need and desire to rise up and accelerate my efforts. 

Elder Reber shared with me a great quote this week by Albert Einstein, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." So true. We need to change in order to see change. That is what repentance is all about. Changing to align ourselves with Gods will, that we might see better results in our lives. 

Elder Reber, is great. He's such a hard worker and I'm very thankful for that. His girlfriend just wrote him off, and he's doing a great job not letting it distract him from his work.

Another quote that just came to mind, "You might find me dead in a ditch somewhere, but ... you'll find me in a pile of brass." My companion is a great example of this statement. He doesn't go down with out a fight. He always puts his full effort into everything he does.

Its weird emailing right after Skyping, sorry this is kind of short.

Love you all!

Elder Ken Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment