Monday, January 23, 2017

Email January 23, 2017

Email January 23, 2017 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
EFY, Elder Stevenson

Wow, what an awesome week! We started of on Tuesday by going to my first EFY! Jaja, never thought that that´s something that would happen on the mission. A few weeks ago the EFY director invited president to go and give a class to help the youth get excited for the mission. President asked us to tag along and help out which was awesome. Basically we spent the day telling fun mission stories, I answered lots of questions about my missing tooth which was fun :) It´s become quiet the trademark. I found it really fun and way different to teach youth than missionaries. I think the key in almost any teaching situation is to help them feel comfortable. A lot of times that involves laughter, and always the spirit.

The rest of the week we did interviews of four more zones. They went really well, we have really good missionaries here.

This morning was definitely one of the highlights of my mission.We had the great opportunity to  have a special leadership meeting with Elder Stevenson of the twelve. Wow, it was incredible. In attendance were the assistants, zone leaders, district leaders, and sister training leaders of the 4 missions in Buenos Aires. I think one of the strongest spiritual confirmations that I have had happened as he entered the chapel this morning. As he entered the room he brought with him the spirit that confirmed to everyone that he really is an apostle of God. After he entered the director stood up and announced that Elder Stevenson had asked that we all come forward to shake his hand. What an honor it was to be able to shake his hand and greet him personally. What a great man.
 During the meeting Elder Stevenson spoke on several topics. One thing that I really liked is what he said about why we have so many rules as missionaries. He said the reason is so that we can receive more blessings and be happier. "Who are the most blessed people in the world? Missionaries." The reason that missionaries are so blessed and so happy is because they have so many rules. Where there is a rule their is a blessing. And where there are blessing there is happiness. Only as a missionary can we benefit so much from things so small.

I could write all day about the things he said. He talked a lot about repentance and how we can teach it through extending commitments. He talked about virtue and the power and spirit that it brings to us. We were taught of the importance of bearing sincere testimony always in order to bring the spirit and give the spirit its turn to teach. I learned a lot, I´m excited to work on putting it all in practice :) I wish I could say more but there just is´nt time. But it was amazing :)

I hope you all have a great week! I love this work so much. I´m so grateful that we have in our day prophets and apostles to teach us and help us come more unto Christ. What a great opportunity I have to be here in Argentina.


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment