Monday, January 25, 2021

Email January 23, 2021

 Email January 23, 2021 - Elder Brigham Craig Burton

さんしゅうかん !! (Week 3)



こんにちは !


This week has gone by soso quick but also been really fun! My district has been able to meet together more outside of class and it's always a party. We're definitely connecting a lot more now and it's been super awesome to get to know them all. This week I had a little too much fun and had the joyous opportunity of pranking my teachers. Zoom lets you add in backgrounds and filters as most of you probably know and over the weekend I "grew" a gnarly goatee. Which is very much against the dress and grooming standards. Both teachers in both classes totally thought it was real. After they had kindly told me to go shave, I made it disappear and watched as they confusingly asked, "Wait, that was fake??" The whole district was laughing and it was a great time all around hahaha.

This week we also had the opportunity to teach Collin again! It went much better than the last one and I was able to communicate my thoughts and feelings in a much more elegant way. I know the Spirit was helping me teach! Faith and the power of prayer are real and the Lord will help you if it's a righteous desire. My testimony of that was definitely strengthened this week.

A thought I want to share: This week on Tuesday we got to listen to a devotional by Elder Ronald A. Rasband. It was amazing! One thing he said really stuck out to me. Which basically said this. 'They'll inquire about the treasures in heaven, but can't let go of what they prize on earth.' In order to truly be committed to the Gospel and to Jesus Christ, we must be willing to let go and sacrifice some of the things of the earth. Whether that be sin, worldly possessions, grudges, or so many other things, we must learn to let go. Not gonna lie, as a missionary, it's been very hard for me to let go of a lot of the music used to listen to. Songs will pop into my head and I have to replace them with a hymn or other church music. Not that they're bad songs, they just don't invite the Spirit that I would like to have as a missionary. But as I have tried to focus my thoughts and music on my Savior, I have felt an increase in my ability to feel the Spirit and connect with my brother, Jesus Christ. It's nothing big and it doesn't have to be. By small things, the Lord will bring great things to come to pass. I know that as you try and forsake all of the little things that might be holding you back, you will see blessings in your life and the treasures that are in heaven will be within reach!

I am very thankful for all of you!! :)

Love,
Burton ちょうろう

 My district!! Love these guys! 



No comments:

Post a Comment