Monday, December 22, 2014

Email December 22, 2014

Email December 22, 2014 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton

Bunch of Burtons

So the story behind Lisse Lotte, the woman I baptized a few weeks ago up in Frederikshavn. My very first Sunday in the area her and her husband Simon just showed up in church. My companion Elder Horochs when't on splits with a member into another room to teach Julia, an investigator I hadn't met yet, and I went with another member and taught Lisse Lotte and Simon. The next Sunday they didn't show up to church because she was in the hospital giving birth, but the week after that they received special permission to leave the hospital for a few hours to come to church with their new baby Anikin. And then they have  come to church almost every week sense. Lisse Lotte had been taught quite a bit back when she was a teenager but had investigated more for a specific missionary then for the church. Once she was married she wanted to raise her children in a religion and remembered how much she liked the Church of Jesus Christ, so she came back.

We just got transfer calls, I'll be staying with Elder Amos for another transfer!
 I'll keep this fairly short because I'll be talking to you all on skype this Thursday. We're actually skyping at the Poulsen's house. The father is our branch president, and he has enough computers/tablets for us all to use without having to trade off.

Highlights of the week...
-bike crash, icy roads. Both me and Elder Amos.
-branch mission leader was married to a girl from Texas.
-We found two new investigators!
-Visited a Choir Concert in a Danske Folke Kirke with some members.

Oh and I got your Christmas package! Thanks! I hope mine makes it home to you by Christmas.

We had an interesting lesson with Gert, the man I mentioned last week. He was kind of drunk and took a while trying to think through any questions we asked. He did acknowledge that it is a problem that he is wanting to overcome, so now we have something we can help him with.

See you all on Thursday! Merry Christmas! God Jul!
Meget Kærlighed!

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment