Monday, June 29, 2015

Email June 29, 2015

Email June 29, 2015 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton

Bunch of Burtons

Well somehow I always end up on this same computer. The key board is kind of broken so when you want to capitalize something you have to hit the shift key as hard as possible for it to work. Ah well small price to pay for writing home. I was at a different computer, but every ten minutes a pop up would say "shutdown requested" and then it would shut down. So kind of more annoying than a faulty key board.

Thank you all for the great emails! It is so much fun to hear how everyone is doing. Boston! Be careful! I hope you know each of you are remembered in my prayers. I love you all so much. I feel so blessed to have been placed in such an amazing family. 

This week has been great. I know I say that every week, but its true. Our neighbor Rafael recently commented on that as well, I guess every time we see him and he asks how we're doing or how are day was our answer is the same. "Great!" I've noticed that even though things aren't always easy or don't go smoothly, it doesn't matter. There are great moments in each day. Great things in each moment. I love that quote Mom sent me last week "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." -Abraham Lincoln. I've come to love the color gray, we get some of the prettiest cloudy days here in Denmark.

Mitch is going to be baptized this weekend!  I was beginning to get stressed out because he hadn't yet recognized his answer, but he's been pushing forward in faith, and that faith, being nurtured is growing. At church on Sunday Mitch disappeared after the first class, and I thought he must have left earlier then expected. It had been his plan to leave after guest class to go see his kids. About 20 minutes into the class he came in, and we found out he had asked the bishop for a priesthood blessing. We later talked with the bishop about it and he had asked Mitch how he was doing in preparation for his baptism, and Mitch responded that he still wasn't sure if the Book of Mormon was true or if Joseph Smith was a Prophet. Bishop then explains to Mitch that if he is asking for a priesthood blessing then he must believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the priesthood authority was restored to the earth through him. I guess Mitch hadn't recognized that connection until then.

Tuesday evening we went for a run with Rafael. Turned out to be like seven miles. It also turned out to be the day of the witch burning. We reached a beach where there was a huge bonfire with a scare crow witch on top. This one also had some sort of firework inside the witch, once it caught fire it began screaming. Kind of strange.

Noooo, this computer just shut down as well.....

I probably wont be able to take much more time then.

Oh ya, I sent a picture of a new bike, kind of new bike that I'm using. Elder Reber and I had found it destroyed on the side of the road, bent handle bars, broken peddle, the back wheel was unusable. So we waited a few days and it was still there, so we took it and I used a few parts from my bike, for example the back wheel, to fix this blue one, and now its up and running. Its a very light weight frame so I like it a little better than the last bike I was using.

Well I hope you all have a great week!

Meget kærlighed,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment