Monday, February 20, 2017

Email February 20, 2017

Email February 20, 2017 – E;der Isaac Kenneth Burton
Zone Conferences

Hello everyone!

This week was the week of zone conferences! We did them a little different this time, normally we do one conference with each zone individualmente, but this time President wanted to try to do three big conferences of 4 zones each. So that´s what we did and it was great! I love being with big groups of missionaries and it´s even better being able to teach them. We focused the conferences on three things: The Book of Mormon, extending commitments, and our dignity as missionaries. The focus of the three being to better teach repentance and baptize converts. President asked me to teach about the Book of Mormon which was a great privledge. I fell like it went really well, I love teaching :) I extended a challenge to the whole mission to read the book of mormon in three months, focusing on repentance, baaptism, and strengthening our own testimonies of the book.

With such a big focus on teaching repentance in the mission I have learned a few things. Our purpose as missionaries is invitar all to come unto Christ. I love what it says in 3 Nefi 27:20 " Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name..." As it says, the way that christ invites people to come closer to him is by repenting and then being baptised. The way that all people, us included, come unto Christ is by repenting daily of the things that impede us of being like him. Joseph Smith said that a man would get nearer to God by abiding by the book of mormons precepts, than by any other book. I think that is true because the precepts that the Book of Mormon teaches are all focused on Jesus Christ and repentance through him. So as we read the Book of Mormon and and follow it´s council to repent, we come closer to christ. It´s something that I´m tring to aplicar more in my life so that I can come unto Him more and Help others do it also. 

We found 5 new investigadores on saturday!! I love saturdays, they are pretty much the only days where we really have time to work in our area. Two of them, a couple named Rebeca and Luca, came to church on sunday too! And they loved it. They are friends of a few recent converts in the ward, but unfortunatley they live in another mission and were just here to visit. But we extended a baptisimal invitation and they accepted! Rebeca is acutally wanting to move to Banfield soon, so we´ll see what ends up happening.

Well I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for everyhthing :) La vida es buena!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment