Monday, April 13, 2015

Email April 13, 2015

Email April 13, 2015 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton

Bunch of Burtons

Exiting week! Thursday at our zone training we were promised and committed to sharing the #BecauseHeLives video with specific people as soon as possible. Using whatever recourses we could to find those people, even Facebook. I was able to create a Facebook account, one of the first people to come up under the suggestions of people I might know was one of those people I needed to share the video with. As of right now this initiative is all we are allowed to use Facebook for, but in the next few weeks our mission President has a training on it, so its possible it will be more used in the future.

I know this is initiative is important. A couple of days ago I was trying to figure out the address of a man who I was prompted to share the video with, but I had only met him once almost two years ago in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. All I could remember was his first name. I searched through all of my bags and old planners, anywhere searching for where I might have written his address. When all of a sudden the last name came to mind. I had no idea what his last name was, but through inspiration, and the power of the Holy Ghost I was given the full name. I just found his address because I was able to search for him in my email. Whereas I know too many people who go by his first name to have been able to find him with just that. Now I need to just figure out which of his two addresses to send a letter to. Never mind... I found an email address.
 We had an incredible lesson this last week with our investigator Jesper. We brought Erik with, who was baptized a few months ago. They got along super well, and when we went to leave Jesper thanked us for bringing the "overbeviser" with, the "convincer". He has that desire to learn, and friendship with members like Erik will give some more support. When we walked into the lesson Jesper was on LDS.org reading one of the latest conference talks!

The last couple of weeks I've really been thinking over danish, and how much I have been committed to it. I had reached a point where I was fairly well understood and and understand others. But I was not progressing anymore. I recently came to a decision that no matter what I don't want this effort in learning the language wasted. I do not want to lose my talent in the future. I made a solid commitment to the Lord that I would do all that I could to hold onto and improve my danish the rest of my life. As well as doing what I can now to grow it. That commitment was key, although I did not realize it before. Jesper made a comment in our lesson that my danish had improved sense the last time he had seen us. Ike! I invite you to commit now to using your Spanish your whole life. It will make it so much more important to you, and the Lord will bless you for your desire.

Elder Parry has been a great help, he has very good danish, and that definitely comes from his commitment. He has bought well over 50 Disney movies in Danish that he'll be able to watch in the future. Not only to hold his danish, but to improve it. Just turn on the subtitles and boom, you see, hear, and can speak danish all at once, using as many senses as you can to learn. Great future language study. I recently bought the Prince of Egypt in danish.

Kent was in Church on Sunday like he promised! Its so nice when people hold to there word. I feel like he enjoyed the meeting. He had to leave right after the sacrament meeting because his daughter just had a baby yesterday and he was going to go visit them in the hospital. It was good he was able to come to the one meeting at least.

Well, I've got to go. I hope everyone is doing well!

Meget Kærlighed!

Ældste Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment