Monday, October 3, 2016

Email October 3, 2016

Email October 3, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
General Conference

What a week! This week was the last week of the transfer, which is always filled with all sorts of crazy stuff. We spent most of the week preparing the transportation of the missionaries for the transfer. It was the second time trying the new system and it went so much better than the first. Preparation really is he key to success. We still have some tuning and tweaking to do, but we´re improving which is the point. Tomorrow 14 new missionaries will arrive which should be fun. My comp and I have to go the airport at 4 in the morning to pick one of them up who is arriving alone. But it should be good, I´m excited for the little adventure :) 

General conference was amazing. I feel so very blessed to live on the earth in this day when we can so easily hear the voice of prophets and apostles of God. The topics that really stood out to me were the plan of salvation and repentance. Which was an answer to my prayers, President Calquin had asked us to watch the conference specifically looking for how we can better teach repentance in the mission. I feel like that prayer was answered, and I know that as we repass the talks it will be answered even more completely.

Well, I don´t have a ton of time to write today, sorry. But it was a great week, I hope you all enjoyed the conference as much as I did. One thing that I would invite all of you to do is to read the talk by Elder Oaks about sharing the gospel. I know it´s something that we all need to improve, and Elder Oaks gave some great ideas for how we can do it. I hope you all have an awesome week!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment