Monday, November 21, 2016

Email November 21, 2016

Email November 21, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Training the district leaders

Wow! What an awesome week!! Sometimes I'm just so happy and I don't even know why. And then I stop to think about the many many blessings that I have right now in my life and I fully understand it. This week was awesome!! We had the opportunity to train the district leaders of the mission and it went great. We have realized lately that it doesn't do a lot of good to sit a bunch of missionaries in a room and talk at them or even with them. Maybe you'll get some good ideas going around but in the end nobody really learns that much or puts what they learned in practice. The way to learn is by doing it. So this week for the district leader training we did just that. We taught for about an out and then we went out into the field to learn on the go. We had 4 groups of 6 to 7 missionaries working together in an area, trying to improve their skills and help the people in that area. After two hours they all came back and reported on what they did and learned. And wow, it was awesome! We ended up finding 16 new investigators, contacted more than a hundred people, placed more than 40 copies of the book of mormon, and more. All in less than two hours, in an area that has been needing some serious help. It was awesome, when they all returned we shared experiences and talked about what we learned and how we can all improve. It ended up being a very spiritual meeting.

So good news...Pablo is going to be baptized this saturday!!! Last thursday we had a lesson with him and found out that his girlfriend had moved to her sisters house which meant that he could be baptized! We set the date and on saturday he had his baptismal interview and he passed. I´m so happy for him, I don't know if I've taught someone who is so ready for this step like Pablo is. Saturday will be a great day.

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving this week!! I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a representative of my savior Jesus Christ  and to be able to live with these amazing argentine people, helping them come to know Him better. It is changing my life forever, there is nowhere I´d rather be. I love you all!!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment