Sunday, March 18, 2018

Email March 18, 2018


Email March 18, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Transfers!

Hey Everyone!
     So we had transfers this week! I'm still in Hakodate but I have a new companion! Elder Jensen transferred out because he became a zone leader. My new companion's name is Elder Maloy. He was actually MTC companions with one of my previous companions. He's awesome. He's super smart, he plans on going into neuroscience after his mission, and he's also way good at cooking. I'll send a picture of some food he made, it was delicious. He's also a great missionary, he works really hard. Besides that, the most exciting thing is we have another investigator who says he wants to get baptized! His name is Taisei, but just like the other investigator who we have who wants to get baptized, I've also only talked to him through Line. And he lives a couple hours away so meeting might be difficult. But we'll figure something out. We also still haven't been able to meet with Ren, so I don't know what's gonna happen there, but I'm trying to be patient and trust the Lord's timing. I love each of my investigators so much, but God loves them even more and he knows what's best for them. Sometimes it seems like things aren't turning out the way they should, and we wonder why God would let that happen, but it helps to remember that His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, He has a plan that we don't understand and one day we'll look back and be so grateful that things happened the way they did. I know that God loves each of us perfectly and if we put our trust in Him all things will be made right in the end. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." I know that is true. I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment