Sunday, April 15, 2018

Email April 15, 2018


Email April 15, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
     This week has been great! On Monday we climbed Mt. Hakodate, it was so fun! The night view is so cool! I also want to see it in the day so maybe if I'm still here next transfer we'll go again. On Tuesday we had a distinct training meeting where we did a video chat with the whole zone so our zone leaders and the sister training leader in our zone could talk to everyone and it was awesome! Something I got out of it was just how important it is to always have the Savior in our thoughts. If we always focus on Him and what He did for us, all the rest will fall into place as we try to show our gratitude by doing what he asks. On Wednesday we had a tacoyaki party with an investigator! A takoyaki is where you cook pieces of taco(octopus) inside balls of dough and eat them. It was my first time eating octopus and it was actually way good! The suction cups feel so weird in your mouth but it makes it fun to eat. On Saturday we had a lesson with an investigator who was a referral from a member and it went pretty well. He's a man in his 50s or so. He seemed really interested and he said he'll read the Book of Mormon which is great. The member who referred him was there too and she helped out a ton. For a lot of it she basically just repeated what we said but in better Japanese and I think it helped our investigator understand a lot better. The only downside was we weren't able to set up another appointment, he said he'd contact the member when he has a chance so hopefully he follows through. Anyway, not much else exciting happened this week, we've got zone conference today and tomorrow though which I'm excited about! Zone conference is always the best. It's a great way to reboost your motivation that sometimes decreases a little through the transfer. I'm hoping I can learn some really good ways to improve, I've still got such a long way to go. Oh, and one more thing, spring is coming! I've said that before but now things are starting to turn green and buds are starting to show up! I hope I'm still here when the sakuras bloom, they're really great in Hakodate. Anyway, love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment