Sunday, April 29, 2018

Email from Ebetsu!



Email April 29, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Had a bad street contact this week...

Hey Everyone!
     I got transferred! I'm now in Ebetsu, and we're opening a new area! So Ebetsu is going from 2 elders in this area to 4, so my companion and I are starting with no investigators or anything, I'm excited! We'll get to do a lot of finding this transfer, it should be fun. My companion is Elder Hastings, he's from Midvale, Utah, and he's awesome! He's my age, he ran cross country and track in high school (he's a lot faster than me) and he's an awesome missionary. He's only one transfer above me and he was just made senpai(senior companion) but he's already way good at Japanese and at following the Spirit and he's a really great companion. I can already tell this is going to be an awesome transfer, I'm excited to see a lot of miracles. I was a little sad to leave Hakodate, the people there are so great, and the flowers were just starting to bloom when I left, but Ebetsu is going to be great. The members are really nice, there's a few colleges in the area so there's a lot of young people to talk to, and we're going to see miracles this transfer.
     So my bad street contact was not with someone on the street, it was with the street haha. I crashed on my bike and got some scrapes on my face and hands, but no broken bones or anything really serious so that's a big blessing. My companion helped me get all cleaned up and stuff but when the bishop of the ward here saw me he insisted I go to the hospital. So a member drove us to the hospital, but in Japan going to the hospital is a lot more normal than in America, it doesn't mean you're super seriously injured like when you go to the hospital in America. So at the hospital they put some bandages on that makes it look worse than it actually is, and they're really annoying, but I'm totally ok. People look at me kinda funny when I talk with them on the street haha, but it gives me something to talk about, so it's not too bad. The fork on my bike is a bit bent, we're going to try and fix it but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, besides all that, this week was awesome! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton



No comments:

Post a Comment