Monday, May 28, 2018

Email May 28, 2018


Email May 28, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
     This week week has gone by so fast! To start off we had zone conference which was awesome! They focused a lot on working with members which is so important! It's through the members that the missionary work in Japan is going to skyrocket. And that applies everywhere, I hope all of you back home are trying hard to be the best member missionaries you can be, I didn't do very well before my mission but now I understand a lot better how important it is. Another thing that was emphasized at zone conference is being creative and using the talents God has given you. If everyone does the same thing, only a few people will actually be successful at it; we all have unique talents and abilities to further God's work and he expects us to use them! So we're going to try to be more creative in our missionary work.        After zone conference I went on exchanges with my district leader Elder Blackley in Iwamizawa. It was awesome, we taught a kids English class which was so fun, and we taught an investigator or had identical twin one year old daughters! They were so cute! Japanese kids are the cutest in the world.
                  Later in the week we had a lesson with a catholic investigator that went really well. He was actually converted to Christianity by LDS missionaries like 30 years ago but because his wife was Catholic he became Catholic too. But we've been trying to get him to read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and he finally read not only that but the Restoration and the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlets too! So we had a really good lesson on the restoration, the Spirit was really strong, and now he just has to pray to know for himself. We're meeting again this week, I'm excited. We also got an appointment set up with a family that we housed into a few weeks ago, so I'm excited to see how that goes, and we have an appointment with a college student that same day so that should be good. We've been seeing a lot of miracles and blessings lately. I know God is watching and helping this work, I have such a strong testimony of that. Oh, and one more huge blessing, we sent my bike back to the company and they said they'd send me a new one so I don't have to buy a new bike! Huge blessing! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment