Sunday, August 26, 2018

Email August 26, 2018


Email August 26, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week has been great! Since my companion is finishing his mission this week a lot of members have been inviting us over to eat, which has been fun. The food is always so good! We've also been visiting a lot of people on a less active list the bishop gave us which has been interesting. Sometimes we go to their house and it's gone, there's just no house where it should be, or there's a new apartment building where the house was. There was also one where we knocked on the door and asked if the member was there, and the person there said they that person actually passed away three years ago, which was kind of sad. But, we were also able to meet a sister who said she wants to come back to church, so there's some good coming out of it too! Also, on Saturday we had an awesome video chat lesson with Yuu kun, who is in Muroran right now. He actually tried to go to the church in Muroran, but it was stake conference that day so no one was there, which was too bad, Muroran is in a different stake so we had no idea. But he tried to go, which shows his desires are in the right place, which is good. Also, we've been unable to get in contact with the lady from the Philippines we're teaching, but yesterday at church we found out from a member that she's going to karaoke with some members today, so that was good to hear. I'm not sure why we can't get in touch with her but if she's got a good relationship with the members she should be fine, we'll be able to contact her through them. So things are going well, I'm excited to see people progress and continue finding new people to teach.
                  This week is transfers and my companion is going home so I'm for sure getting a new companion, but I'm probably staying in Ebetsu. We'll see how it goes. It's been an awesome two transfers with Elder Ramsey, we've both learned and grown a lot together. I'm gonna miss him but I'm excited to work with someone new. I know God will put me where I need to be with the person I need to be with. I'm so grateful for the all the things I've learned on my mission so far, I know that through the grace of Christ, we truly can overcome our weaknesses and become more than we could be on our own. I love you all, I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment