Sunday, August 5, 2018

Email August 5, 2018


Email August 5, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This has been a good week, although it's had its ups and downs. I mentioned last week that we found a young couple who was super interested and said they'd come to church, and we also found one more person who said she'd come to church and we handed out a lot of Books of Mormon this week. However, on Sunday, none of the three people we were expecting to come to church showed up, which was really disappointing, but we have another person we're teaching who said he can come next week so I'm excited for that! We also got a call from a Philippine lady that we've been trying to contact, she was a referral from Mormon.org because she requested a Book of Mormon. She had been in the Philippines which is why we couldn't contact her but we have an appointment set up for this week which I'm excited for. It'll be fun teaching in English, it's been a while. We also went to a blueberry farm on Saturday and picked blueberries with members of the ward, it was so good! All the ones you ate straight from the bushes were free, so we ate a ton. They were huge! Sorry, I forgot to take pictures. We also ate at a member's house yesterday and they made homemade pizza! It was so good! It was probably the best pizza I've had in Japan. And they had Hawaiian because I told them it was my favorite kind of pizza. Members are the best! Yesterday, we also went and taught a friend of Sugawara Kyoudai, a member who's returning to activity. It was an okay lesson but it kind of made me realize how much I need to improve in my teaching skills, I think it could've been much better. But it was cool to see that this member is starting to do missionary work on his own, he's made so much progress since we first met him. Member missionary work is so important! Help the missionaries in your ward, and talk to your friends about what you believe, it does so much good and will bring you and them so much joy! The missionaries can't do it without the members, they need your help! God can use you no matter how inadequate you feel. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. I know that is true. I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment