Sunday, October 7, 2018

October 7, 2018


Email October 7, 2018 – Elder Jackson Burton
Hey Everyone!
This week was great! On Friday we did exchanges with the Iwamizawa elders, so I was with Elder Clinger, it was way fun! He's from American Fork, and he's a crazy fast runner, he literally won cross country nationals in high school. He's also a great missionary, I learned a lot from him. He's really good at putting people at ease and having a friendly conversation, something I want to get a lot better at, sometimes I'm too serious. But we talked to a lot of people and got a couple people's contact info. There was also another small earthquake that morning, and about 5 seconds before our phone went off yelling "地震(earthquake)" so we braced ourselves for something big and it ended up being pretty small. But it keeps us on our toes haha.
We also had a Chinese cooking party on Saturday which was fun, the one Chinese member in our ward came and showed everyone how to make some Chinese dishes, and they turned out way good. A few members brought non-member friends too which was awesome. We invited a Chinese family we met a little while ago but they didn't show up which was too bad. It still went really well though. 
I'm so excited for general conference! I heard all the announcements, but in Japan they watch it a week later so I haven't heard the talks yet. But it's so cool to hear about the changes! Two hour church and 12 new temples! 12! That's amazing! I'm so grateful we have a living prophet to guide the church! It's easy to see how important both family and the temple is, I know miracles will come as we strive to strengthen our families and attend the temple more. That's all for this week. I love you all, I hope everyone has a great week! 

Love, 
Elder Burton


No comments:

Post a Comment