Sunday, February 10, 2019

Email February 10, 2019


Email February 10, 2019 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week was amazing! We had a lot of lessons and a lot of miracles, and it was really busy! We're working with a lot of people which is great. Watanabe San, who has a baptismal date, didn't come to church so we're going to have to push back his date again but hopefully he'll be able to continue progressing. We haven't been able to contact him in a few days so please pray for him. Kawamura also probably won't be ready by this Saturday for his baptism so we're going to have to continue working with him and help him keep the word of wisdom and be able to come to church. But we had a great lesson with a member's husband, we got a referral from the Toyohira elders this week, and we had a great lesson with the lady whose grandson is serving as a missionary in Sendai so there's been a lot of good happening too. We also did splits with the zone leaders and learned a ton so I'm excited to apply things I learned in this area. And I think the best thing that's happening right now is the ward is getting more excited about missionary work, they're starting to care more about how the people we're working with are doing and they're becoming more unified in trying to move the work forward. I'm excited to see what greater miracles lie in store as the whole ward gets involved. It's so much more powerful if we have 50 something people doing missionary work than if it's just my companion and I. So help the missionaries, invite your friends to learn about the gospel, do what you can to move forward God's work! This church is true and it is the way to the happiness that people are searching for. I'm so grateful that God gave us commandments to help us avoid wrong choices and the pain the comes from them, and I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Christ that allows us to get back on the path when we stumble and fall. I want to share it with everyone!
                  We're going to the Snow Festival today so I'll try and send a lot of pictures next week! Also this week is transfers, I most likely will stay with Elder Lalo to finish training but we'll see. I love you all, have a great week and Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment