Sunday, June 23, 2019

Email June 23, 2019


Email June 23, 2019 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  We had transfers this week and I transferred! I'm sad to be leaving Kushiro, two transfers did not feel like long enough but I'm excited to get to work in Iwamizawa! I've actually done exchanges in Iwamizawa about a year ago when I was in Ebetsu, and I really liked the feel of the town, so I'm excited to be back. It's a branch with about 20 members, they're awesome and they give us a lot of food! My new companion is Elder Sherwood from Arizona, he's 19 and he's on his second transfer so I'll be finishing his training. He's really good at drawing, we had English class the other night and he drew an awesome picture for every vocabulary word, it was pretty impressive. We're also teaching a 24 year old man from Vietnam, he speaks only a tiny bit of English and Japanese so it interesting trying to communicate with him, but he's way nice and he's good a ping-pong! The way he's actually learning the gospel is by video chat with a missionary in Vietnam, so we're just there to kinda help out but it's fun. Also, President and Sister McClure and all the senior missionaries working in Honbu showed up at our sacrament meeting on Sunday, which is when I was giving my self introduction and testimony so there was a bit more pressure than I was expecting haha but it went well. There's a lot of potential in this area, the people are amazing, and I'm excited to see lots of miracles here!
                  I was reading Alma 13 this week and I read verses 7 and 8 which talk about the priesthood and the callings and ordinances therein and how they are eternal, without beginning or end, and it really struck me that when we receive the priesthood or any calling, that's not the first time we've done so. That's not the beginning of our priesthood service because it has no beginning and no end. We're just accepting again what we've already accepted eternities before, we're foreordained to fulfill each calling we're given. Realizing that made me want to find and fulfill the purpose for which I've been called to Iwamizawa for these next few weeks. I know that God has a plan for me and for all of his children and if we don't harden our hearts and follow Him, we can see that plan fulfilled. I love you all, have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment