Sunday, January 17, 2021

Email January 16, 2021

 Email January 16, 2021 - Elder Brigham Craig Burton

にしゅうかん!!(Week 2)


I can't believe it's been two weeks in the MTC! Seems like the weeks go by crazy fast but the days go by slow, which is great because I'm loving every second of it!


A lot has changed in a week! I can now, very simply, meet someone, offer a prayer, testify, and share a scripture, in Japanese. It still feels like I know almost nothing but we're working on it for sure. This week on Wednesday we taught our first lesson in Japanese! It honestly didn't go as bad as I thought it would but there's still lots of room for improvement. We also taught a few lessons in English this week to some "non-members" haha. Collin and Katie. Both lessons overall went pretty well, but my nerves tend to get to me and I trip on my words a lot. Definitely something I'm working on. Good thing I have legit the best companions who can smooth all of my rough patches over. Elder Jones and Elder Helms are awesome.

One invitation I would like to extend to all of you is to USE A STUDY JOURNAL for your scripture reading!! And any gospel study in general. It's grown my love for the Book of Mormon so much. A spark of the spirit can explode into a whole bombardment of spiritual wonderness when you write down and think about what you're reading and feeling. And who doesn't want more spiritual wonderness in their life?? I sure do. When we cherish the thoughts and promptings of the Spirit by pondering and writing them down, it shows God that we are thankful for that revelation and he will trust us with more of that in the future. In 1st Nephi, Nephi desired to know the things which his father had seen. It says "I sat pondering in mine heart..." thinking about those things. He may not have written it down but I promise it will help you think on those things of your heart. And because Nephi had such great faith, the Spirit of the Lord showed him not only what his father had seen but also so many other things. The Lord will bless you if you take note of the things he says to you. I know that to be true.

Hope everyone had a great week! :)

Love,
Burton ちょうろう


No comments:

Post a Comment