Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Email march 31, 2014 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton
"For all the physical things I lack, there are great spiritual gains."- Boyd K. Packer

Bunch of Burtons

We took a District activity this week to the Odense Zoo, advertised to be the best zoo in Europe. Kind of got our hopes up a little to much though. It was kind of weird. Other than an elementry class we were the only ones in the park. And all the food stands were closed so no snaks. The toilets were free though so thats a bonus! It was actually still pretty cool. The pinguin exibit was awesome. There was this one small pinguin that was showing off and kept zooming around, jumping out, jumping back in and didnt calm down for a good ten minutes.

This week when we were waiting at the Åbent Kirke (open church) for people to come, so we could give tours, teach english, teach lessons, ext. I used family search to figure out my blood line.

English- 3.5/16
Norwegien-1/16
Austrailian-1/16
German-3/16
Scottish-1/16
Swiss- 1/8
Canadian- 1/64
Walsh-1/32
Irish-1/32

Lots of European. I thought it was kind of cool to see all the different nationalities. I drew it out in a pie graph too and thats cool to see.

We've officially gotten eveything worked out with Michelle and she's all set to be baptised into seccond ward. There have been a lot of confusions because she lives in seccond ward boundries but has been comming to the first ward for maybe nine months now. Everythings going smoothly now though. She has started bringing a friend to chuch too. She's not even a member yet and she's already doing missionary work! She also asked me this last week if I would confirm her! An exciting shock, I hope my danish is enough for the blessing. Its still not to where I would like it to be. Although aparently it is improving a lot. Elder Johnson has mentioned a few times when I've said something that it was phrased perfectly. He said something like, "you used that word in context!" and I'll not even realize I had used the word he mentioned.

I realized the other day Im slowly developing a photographic memory. We were biking and I realized I was seeing the map, and was using it to find our way to a place I had never been. And there have been a few times when I couldnt remember a danish word until I pictured a page that it had been writen on. Kind of cool, it'll be interesting to see how much it develops. It would definatly come in handy.

Hey thanks Mom for the photo book you sent at Christmas. I carry it around with me in my bag and its a lot of fun to pull out and show people when they ask about my family. And everyone always freaks out when they see how long my hair was before my mission.

Thanks for everything!

Meget Kærlighed!

Ældste Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment