Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Email April 21, 2014 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton - He is Risen!!!

Bunch of Burtons

We just got transfer calls! I'll be leaving Odense and going up to Frederikshavn the most northern area in the mission, up next to Skagen which will be in my area. Transfers are next Monday so I still have a week to finish up in Odense. This is my first area move, it'll be interesting. 

Theres a new missionary from Hurricane, Utah who came a transfer or two ago. We started talking at the zone training and figured out we both wrestled, were the same weight class the same year, and were both at the same tournament. So we probably have wrestled each other before. He did look familiar. Small world. 

I broke my bike chain this week. We were on our way to a lesson with a man named Rahman from Iran, right when I got out into the intersection I pushed down hard on the peddle and my chain snapped and fell off into the road. I was prepared. With the tools I had on me, I was able to fix the chain and get the bike working within five minutes and we were able to make it to the lesson on time. We bought a new chain later that day. It goes to show why its important to be prepared at all times, in all things, and in all places. If I had'nt had the tools on me that I had, we would have ended up having to walk to the lesson and we would have been a good twenty minutes late. When we are prepared ourselves God will take care of what we cant. For example there is a small pin in the chain that is needed to hold it together, God kept the pin from flying out into the road when the chain fell off. It was still in place when I picked it up off the road, and if it had been lost we would have been walking, my effort to be prepared with tools would have been a waste. The pin wasn't tight in the chain either, It fell out on me maybe five times before I finished fixing the chain. Its a miracle that it wasn't lost.

Well no new apartment is coming. Its official. We scrubbed down the walls again which were already growing back with mold, and painted over it all. Hopefully it lasts. The biggest problem is we couldn't take off the radiators so we weren't able to paint or scrub behind them, and its still pretty black behind them. 

Easter. The day Christ did what no man had done before. He rose from the dead, and because of him we will too. If any of you haven't seen the video "Because of Him" that was just released by the church I encourage you to watch it on the church web site. On Easter it was released on the home page of You Tube. 

Isn't it amazing, that someone could love us enough to live a perfect life so that they can take upon themselves the sins of the world. Because of Christ there are new beginnings and no ends. We can repent of the things we have done wrong and begin anew. He has lived, and he lives again, to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life. We ate at with a member sunday night and he showed us a video of a man singing "Amazing Grace", 

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall profess, within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.

I hope everyone can feel the grace of God in their lives. The atonement is real. I have used it and am a witness of its effects. Because of it we can be perfected, our weaknesses become our strengths. 

-Elder Kenneth Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment