Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Email April 28, 2014 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton - Begining again...

Bunch of Burtons

Hey everyone! Crazy busy week, we had apointments jumping at us from every direction, thrown in with trying to get packed for transfers. It was a great way to finnish off my time in the area. Actually Im not finnished with Odense yet, Long is getting baptised on June 1st and he asked me to baptise him, so I'll be back down there in five weeks. Im so glad I had the oportunity to serve in Odense, to have met the people I did. The people and their area will always be some of my best memories.

Elder Horrochs... my new companion. About 6ft 8in ish, I don't know exactly, but he's a pretty big guy. Way cool though, when he first got to Frederikshavn almost five months ago there were no investigators at all and the work was realy slow. Now... there are multiple baptisimal dates and the branch is slowly getting more involved with the work. He's a hard worker and Im sure I'll be able to learn a lot from him.

 On Wednesday I got a call from the office letting me know It was time for my language test. The visa that I have right now is only a temporary visa for about six months, four months in the land we have to take a test in Danish to test our knowledge with the language as well as our knowledge wih danish rules and government, a little history. If you pass... you visa is extended for two years, if you fail you have to pay out of your own pocket to take it again and if you dont pass the seccond time your kicked out of the country. So hopefully I passed... Im not to stressed about it though, I feel like I did pretty well. We had to take a train all the way to Copenhagen Thursday morning and back to Odense, so it took up like half our day, it was fun though. Durring the test for one of the questions it showed a picture of a man buying a banana and asked what the man was doing. All of a sudden I couldnt remember the word for buying in danish "købe" so I said "han giv en banan" or "he gets a banana". And then right after I finnished answering that question I remebered "købe" but it was to late. So I probably got that question wrong, but hey! I havnt forgoten how to say "købe" sense.

With all the different trains we've had to catch in the mornings this last week, we havnt gotten our full studys for a few days. The day doesnt seem as smooth if its not started with the full time of studies. I love having a few hours in the morning to study and learn, to come closer to Christ and to better understand what we are helping others come to know.

Well, Im sure next week I'll have a lot more to say about Frederikshavn, and maybe some crazy stories about my companion, we'll see. Thanks everyone!

Meget Kærlighed,

Ældste Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment