Monday, June 27, 2016

Email June 27, 2016

Email June 27th, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton                 
Goodbye to the Thurgoods

It´s been another great week! And kind of a sad one two because it was our last week with President Thurgood and his wife. They leave tomorrow and we will recieve our new president, President Calquin, from Chili. On Wednesday, president and his wife came to our zone to say goodbye. We took pictures with them, they bore to us their testimonies, and that was it. President just made it sweet and simple which was good. But I´m really gonna miss them, they have both taught me so much that I will take with me for the rest of my life. They are two of the most humble people I have met, and so strong in the faith and knowledge of the gospel. Both the missionaries and the people of argentina have been greatly blessed by their service.

We will meet President Calquin on wednesday when they come to our zone for a mini zone conference. It should be awesome, I´m super excited to get to know him and work with him. It´s pretty cool that I am able to have one year with both of my presidents. I have and will learn a ton from two great men. 

We found two new investigators this week that are great! Esteban and Sara. Sara is catholic and Esteban is from the universal church. They both have big desires to come closer to God and learn the truth. They didn´t come to church yesterday which was too bad but we´ll work on them for next week.

Weird experience of the week: My comp, the assistants, and me all had a dinner with a member on friday and we were traveling in a train. There was this guy standing next to us in the train with long brown hair and a beard. He had been giving us a weird look for a while but suddenly turned to us and said, "Don´t worry, I´m not Jesus."  Then he grabbed my arm, lifted it into the air, and started singing "Sweet old child of mine" as loud as he could. I quickly pulled my arm away, pretty weirded out at this point with every person in the very crowded train staring at us. Then the guy grabbed my head with both his hands a started yelling stuff about casting out demons. I pulled away super quick and he just went off for a minute, yelling stuff about the bible and holy ghost. Luckily the train stopped and we were able to get out of there before anything else happened. But it was super wierd haha.

So that´s been my week. I hope everything is going well with everyone. Thanks for everything, have a great week!

Les quiero, Elder Burton


No comments:

Post a Comment