Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Email November 1, 2017

Email November 1, 2017 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Flight Plans!

Hey everyone!
      This week has been so awesome! We got our flight plans, and because my name is the first in the alphabet of the people in my group, I'm the travel leader. So I get to be in charge of making sure 17 missionaries make it safely from Provo to Sapporo. It's gonna great! :) I'm attaching the flight plans. We leave the MTC at 2:30 AM on Monday morning, and we arrive in Sapporo, Japan at about 7:30 PM on Tuesday. It seems longer than it really is because of the time difference, of course, but it's still gonna be really long. I'm really excited though!
      In other news, my district are 63 bowls of cereal on Friday! I ate 8 myself. We finished an entire tower of cereal. It was Cinnamon Toast Crunch. One of our teachers told us that her district had done it when she was in the MTC,  so we wanted to to it too. The roof of my mouth hurt for two days afterward. But it was worth it. :) I'll attach pictures.

      Yesterday we had Elder Christensen from the presidency of the Seventy speak. He gave an awesome talk about the importance of true conversion. He gave a quote by Elder Bednar that said, "Knowing  the gospel is true is the essence of testimony. Constantly staying true to the gospel is the essence of conversion." I really like that quote. In order to stay converted we must constantly stay true to the gospel. True conversion is not something we achieve and then we're done. Conversion is a constant process. I heard someone the other day compare it to walking up a down escalator. You can't stop moving upward, or else you'll go downward. We've got to endure to the end.
      Happy Halloween yesterday everyone! I hope everyone had an awesome Halloween. I didn't really do anything special, but I did wear Superman socks to exercise time so I guess you say I dressed up as Superman. Anyway, I love you all! I probably won't be able to email for a little while because by next Wednesday I'll be in Japan and then my P-day will probably be on Monday. Have a great week!

Love,
バートン長老

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment