Monday, November 13, 2017

Email November 13, 2017

Email November 13, 2017 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
First week in Japan!

Hey everyone!
     I love Japan so much! When we got to the airport in Sapporo President McClure took us to get ramen, and it was delicious! Pretty much all the food I've had so far is delicious, although I haven't had sushi yet surprisingly. It's cold, but not too bad, it hasn't snowed yet. We got to go to the temple on our first day! It was so amazing! The Sapporo temple is the most beautiful temple I've ever seen. I've been assigned to the Eniwa area, it's a city just south of Sapporo. My trainer is an Elder from Meridian Idaho named Elder Hess. He's an amazing missionary. This is his last transfer, which is sad, but he's got a lot of experience and we work really well together. Working here has been so awesome, I get so excited every time we have any sort of success, like handing out a Book of Mormon. I just know that if they'll open up their hearts to the message it will bless their lives so much! I need tons of work in the language, I feel pretty incompetent most of the time, but I know through Christ I can do all things. Today we went to the airport for P-day, they have a lot of cool stuff there, including a chocolate museum which was pretty cool. I'll send some of the pictures from this week, some of them are on my camera though, and I can't get them off it yet. Until it snows I'm just using an old bike that's been left at the church for forever since it could start snowing at any time and once there's snow we won't be able to bike. I don't have much time left,  there's not nearly as much time to email as I had at the MTC. Something we learned during training from President McClure is that faith is a principle of action and power. If you truly have faith, it will lead you to some sort of action, and then you will have power. Remember that through faith anything is possible. God will support you through all trials. But it takes action on our part.  I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment