Monday, November 20, 2017

Email November 20, 2017

Email November 20, 2017 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Everyone!

This has been an awesome week! At district conference on Tuesday we made some awesome goals for the transfer, and it's really helped build my testimonly of the power of goals and faith. We have a goal to contact 1500 people as a district and pass out 500 Book of Mormons before the end of the transfer. After that, all of a sudden we've started being able to contact a lot more people and pass out a lot more Book of Mormons. One thing me and my companion are going to try and focus on more now is getting teaching appointments. We've been having trouble getting appointments because people are so busy, but we're going to try and focus on it more now. Missionaries are called to teach, so we want to do more of that. 

It snowed on Saturday! It had been a pretty warm day, so we weren't as prepared for the snow as we could've been, and on top of that, we had left most of our clothes at the church and biked to the gym in our workout clothes to play basketball with some investigators, so we had to bike back to the church in shorts, but it was still awesome! I love snow! After church yesterday we had a little snowball fight with all the primary kids in the church parking lot, it was so much fun! The kids here are so cute! They had their primary program this Sunday, and it was so great! They did such a good job! Listening to them sing really brought me back to when I was in primary singing those same songs (but in English) and it really touched me. Those little kids reminded of one of the reasons I'm in Japan. The gospel blesses families so much and I want everyone to have those blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My district is doing a Thanksgiving lunch today so I'm excited. No turkey, we'll have chicken instead, but it'll still be good. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this Thursday! Gratitude really is a powerful thing, if you remember what you have to be grateful for, trials don't seem quite as bad. Oh, also singing. If anyone wants to know the best way to push through something hard, just start singing hymns. At least it works when you're biking in the rain and snow:) I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton


* My companion is awesome, he's on his last transfer so he's really experienced and he's a great missionary. The weather here is great! Cold, it didn't get above freezing today, but it was a beautiful day. It snowed Saturday and Sunday, only a couple inches, but there's still snow on the ground which is great. My apartment is awesome, we have 4 people in it, we sleep on futons (not like American futons, basically just pads on the floor), and the kitchen is small, but it's awesome. I'm loving it here so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment