Sunday, December 10, 2017

Email December 10, 2017

Email December 10, 2017 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey everyone!
      This has been a great week! On Thursday I did splits with the district leader, Elder Kikuchi. He's Japanese so it was really helpful for my Japanese. He speaks a little English, probably more than I speak Japanese, so we were able to communicate well enough. On Friday it snowed about a foot in about 5 hours, so we shoveled the church parking lot to get it ready for English class, and then nobody showed up, probably because of the snow.  We were pretty disappointed, but it's all good. We should have a few new students tomorrow. And the new student who came last week posted about it on Facebook, and she said such good things about it that it seems like she's trying to advertise for us, which is awesome because we need more people. Speaking of Facebook, on Saturday we had a ward Facebook dendo night, and a lot of people showed up, so hopefully the ward will start doing missionary work through Facebook more. Facebook and other online tools can be so effective for missionary work, but only if we use them for it! On Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about inviting others to come unto Christ, and it went pretty well. Then we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and it was awesome! It was definitely all about love. Love is so important, part of our mission motto is "love is the motive" That's so true! We serve the people of Japan because we love them and we love Christ. If love is our motive for everything we do, our lives will be so much happier! I'm trying to work on showing my love for everyone around me. I'm hoping that as I do that, people will be more willing to listen to the amazing message we're sharing, and feel the love that God has for them. I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment