Sunday, February 18, 2018

Email February 18, 2018


Email February 18, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey everyone!
     This has been a great week! I'm loving it here in Hakodate! For P-day last week we went ice fishing! But I was a little surprised when it turned out we were actually fishing for little tiny fish, about 2-3 inches long haha. But we caught a lot of them, and then fried them and ate them like fries! They were actually pretty good! Speaking of fish, we also went to a fish market today, there were live crabs and squid and all sorts of stuff it was cool.  We also went to a restaurant called Lucky Pierrott earlier in the week, it's a burger place in Hakodate, and it's a pretty interesting place. I'll send some pictures.
     We also had a ton of snow this week, it snowed pretty much every day, and there was a blizzard on Saturday. I love it! I definitely wasn't expecting to have more snow with how far south Hakodate is, but I'm not complaining. I love snow!

     A lot of great things have been happening this week. We've had some lessons with investigators who before hadn't been able to meet in quite a while, and we've found some great potential investigators, we just need to make appointments which is tough. But my favorite experience of the week happened yesterday evening. We walked past this teenager standing at a bus stop, and my companion suddenly turns around and says, "Let's ask him if he likes English!" So we do, and we start a conversation, and while we're talking this 11 year old kid walks up and just starts staring at us. So I started talking to him while my companion was talking to the other kid, and it was so cool! He had met the missionaries before, I'm not sure when or how, but I don't think they really taught him anything, so I told him a little about God and Jesus and showed him the Book of Mormon, and he was just so fascinated! He didn't really have a way for us to contact him, but we have him the Book of Mormon and our number and he said he and his parents would be interested in learning more so we'll see what happens. I mean, there's a chance we'll never see him again, but there's also a chance that we'll be able to teach his whole family. And even if we don't see him again that doesn't mean nothing will come out of it. The Lord works in mysterious ways, I know that He can make any situation turn out the best for us, even if we don't see it immediately. I love this work, we see miracles every day and I truly have a testimony that God is there and He cares about His children. I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment