Sunday, June 10, 2018

Email June 10, 2018


Email June 10, 2018 – Elder Jackson Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week was transfer week! I'm still in Ebetsu, but both Elder Hastings and Elder Morwood transferred and I have a new companion! His name is Elder Ramsey, he's from Seattle, he's 20 years old, he's half Japanese, he's a really nice guy. I'm excited for this transfer, I think we're going to see a lot of miracles. This is my first time being in an apartment with just two elders, so it's a little different but I like it. This last week we had a lesson with an investigator we met on the street the week before, it went really well! He had a lot of good questions and a sincere desire to learn, and I think he definitely  felt the Spirit. We also have an appointment on Thursday with an investigator we taught a couple weeks ago, I think I mentioned him, I'm excited for that, we're planning on inviting him to be baptized so we'll see how it goes! We also have a member coming who is a returned missionary so that should help a lot. There's so much power in member missionary work! We also found an older man yesterday who met with the missionaries when he was in junior high! Nothing ever came of it then but because they left a good impression on him he was willing to listen to us, wants to come to English class, and invited us to come back. Just goes to show you never know what kind of an influence you have on people, and even 50 years later isn't too late! God knows all His children and He knows when they're ready. I know He is guiding and directing this work. I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment