Monday, July 2, 2018

Email July 2, 2018


Email July 2, 2018 - Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
            This week has been great! On Monday my companion had a temple recommend interview in Sapporo so after we went to the Sapporo train station, which is huge, and looked around the shops. Haha kinda reminded me how grateful I am to be on a mission, there's so much stuff the world has to offer that we just don't need. There were some cool parts though, I got a Hershey's dark chocolate bar at an import store which was great. It's been a while since I've had just straight Hershey's chocolate haha. We had another great lesson with Takafumi this week, his only major problem is work on Sunday, he wants to go to church but as of now he can't. He said in August he might be able to switch shifts which is good but hopefully he'll be able to figure something out sooner. We watched the talk by President Nelson "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for our Lives" and he really liked it. I think that was when he realized he really could know the truth for himself and since then he's been doing really well. Pray for him to be able to get Sundays off! Our investigator with a baptismal date Tougawa didn't come to church which was disappointing but we had a good lesson with him. His baptism will probably have to get pushed back a couple weeks but we'll see. We just want to make sure he's ready. This next week we've got a lot of lessons planned, we're praying for the Spirit so we can teach well and help everyone we're teaching. Today we're in Asahikawa for zone conference, I'm really excited, zone conference always gets me so motivated and ready to see miracles. As a mission we just started a 40 day fast, where everyone tries to stop certain things that are personally keeping them from having the Spirit as much as possible. I think it's really going to help our mission. Good things are happening, I'm so excited to be a part of the Lord's work! Everyone keep doing those things that bring the Spirit and Revelation into your life! It will bless you so much! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment