Sunday, July 15, 2018

July 15, 2018


Email July 15, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
            This week was interesting, we had a lot of appointments fall through which was disappointing, we also had to stop teaching Togawa, our investigator who had a baptismal date, but we're pushing through. There should be some good things happening next week. This week has had some good points too, we were able to work with members a bit which is awesome, we visited an older couple where the wife is a member but the husband is not(yet) and we were able to give a good message, and the husband definitely felt the Spirit. It was cool because they hadn't been visited by the missionaries in quite a while, but when we left, they gave us some Hi-chews that the husband had bought just recently because he knew the missionaries love them. It's those small miracles that really help you know you're doing the right thing. We're hoping to be able to keep working with him and help him act in faith to find out for himself if what we're teaching is true. Another highlight of the week was yesterday, we had yakiniku (a barbecue basically) at a members house and then roasted marshmallows, it made me feel like I was back at Camp Loll again, mosquitoes and all haha.
            In other news, this week is transfers! We have a new system for transfers in the mission now, we don't get our transfer call until Thursday, the same day we transfer. So it'll be interesting, I have no idea whether I'm going to transfer or not but I know I'll be where God needs me whatever happens. I know this is God's work; as a mission there have been a ton of miracles lately, and I know it's through God that they're happening, not us. And I know as we strive to become more obedient we will see even more miracles in the future! I know this church is true, I hope each of you know that individually. If not, pray to know for yourself, I promise God will give you that answer. Love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment