Monday, January 14, 2019

Email January 14, 2018


Email January 14, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
            This week was so great! We had a New Year's party with the ward today so I don't have a lot of time, I'll just share a couple exciting things this week. A fee week weeks ago Elder Minegishi and I met a college student named Yuuki on the street and set up an appointment to meet on the 9th, but his phone wasn't working so we didn't get his contact information. A lot of times when that happens the person just doesn't show up and there's nothing you can do, but on Wednesday he came to the appointment! We had a great lesson and he's going to come to church on the 20th! It was cool to see how excited Elder Lalo was after the lesson, it kind of reminded me not to take moments like that for granted and how important it is to believe in your the people you teach. Sometimes you get used to things or you don't want to get your hopes up too high but for him it's new and exciting and there's no reason to doubt that Yuuki will continue progressing and get baptized. I want to raise my hope back to the level of a new missionary. It really was a miracle.

            The other miracle we had was we ate dinner with the Yamada family! That's the family I mentioned last week that we received as a referral, the dad has ALS. We were able to build a really good relationship with the kids and the mom, as well as their grandma, and they said they'd like us to teach them about the gospel! The dad is a member but hasn't been to church since elementary school, and the rest of the family knows almost nothing about the church and they're really curious! The mom said that all she knew was that alcohol and coffee and tea were not allowed. I'm really excited to help her find the hope and joy the gospel brings to families! And this family is amazing, they're so much fun! I'll send pictures. My companion loves taking pictures, he says the way to get people to love you is to take pictures with them haha. So I'll probably be sending a lot more pictures for a while. That's all for this week, it was a week full of miracles! I know this is God's work and He won't let it fail! Trust in Him, keep His commandments, and He will lift you up! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment