Thursday, January 24, 2019

Email January 24, 2019


Email January 24, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton 

Hey Everyone!       

          This week was great! On last Wednesday we met a 24 year old man named Watanabe San on the street and set an appointment for that Friday. On Friday I went on splits with Elder Smith, who got to Japan at the same time as me and is an awesome missionary, and at the lesson with Watanabe San we were able to set a baptismal date for February 16th! That was the first time I've set a baptismal date on the first lesson, it was really cool. He said he was thinking about Christianity and wondering why it's in movies and stuff and right then is when we stopped him on the street so he decided to listen. And he's progressing really well, he didn't go to church last week but we met him on Tuesday and I think he'll come this week. He's also coming to a baptismal service in another area with us on Saturday! So please keep him in your prayers!            We also had a great lesson with Harada San, the lady I mentioned a little while ago who's grandson is on a mission in Sendai. Her daughter and son in law were visiting from America so we stopped by and taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Spirit was really strong. She might come to the McClure's FHE on Monday. We also had a great experience with a returning member. We visited with the Sakurai's, the temple missionaries, and Sakura Shimai was able to really connect with this member and they both cried. The member said she's going to start coming back to church!            There were a bunch of other small miracles this week but I don't have much time, today was zone activity, but I just want to end by saying that I know God is aware of each and every one of us and He answers our prayers. I've had so many experiences where my prayers are answered in wonderful ways I don't expect but I'm so grateful for. I know God lives and this is His church! I love you all, have a great week! Love,
Elder Burton


No comments:

Post a Comment