Sunday, May 19, 2019

Email May 19, 2019


Email May 19, 2019 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week was amazing! We had exchanges, zone conference, and some awesome miracles! I went on splits with Elder White, he's from Vernal, Utah and this is his fifth transfer and he's a great missionary. Then we had interviews with President McClure which is always great, and we went out to eat sushi with the zone. After that we had a ping-pong party for zone activity; everyone had a great time. Then zone conference was amazing! We learned a lot about faith, accountability, and teaching repentance to better help people prepare to be baptized. My companion and I gave a workshop about using PMG more effectively and it went really well.

                  We also went and helped with the cruise line again which was fun. We met a lot of interesting people and we were able to invite some of the Kushiro residents who were also volunteering to come to English class. One person we met from the cruise was a magician, and he absolutely astounded some of the Japanese people with his magic tricks. The tricks were pretty cool but the reactions were amazing. We also had a sports night on Saturday which was fun, I haven't played basketball much on my mission so I started out terrible but I was doing ok by the end. Yesterday we did a PMG lesson with a recent convert and two young adults in our branch who are preparing to go on missions. It reminded me of how I felt when I was getting ready to go, I remember being so nervous but they seemed ok. They seem way more prepared than I was. It's exciting to see them so willing put their own lives on hold to serve the Lord, I know they'll be so blessed because it's been such a blessing for me.
                  We saw some cool miracles yesterday. As we were knocking doors we had an older man let us into his home to teach a lesson, that's only the second time that's happened to me on my mission. He's way nice and he said we could come back but he's not very interested so we only have ten minutes next time. So we'll have to make it count. He also wouldn't tell us his name haha. But we also found a way nice family, they've met with the sisters a bit before but we didn't know that, meeting them was a miracle. We were just biking, looking for people to talk to, and we saw a house with a goldish colored car out front. We were like, that's a cool golden car, maybe this person is a 金人(golden person), so we knocked and was a family with a couple of kids in junior high and high school and they greeted us really warmly and took a picture with us and invited us to come back again. Hopefully we can teach them next time and help them come unto Christ. I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment