Sunday, February 28, 2021

Email February 27, 2021

Email February 27, 2021 - Elder Brigham Craig Burton

はっしゅうかん!! (Week 8)


Brigham arranged his study desk so that he could practice sitting on the floor in preparation for serving in Sapporo Japan.

こんにちは!


Well. It's official. I now have a week left in the MTC! 

As everyone says here, days feel like weeks but weeks feel like days! It's honestly crazy. But this week has been another awesome one! We were able to teach Eri and Collin again and both went really well! I could understand about 50% of what Eri said during the lesson, compared to like 20% two weeks ago, so there has been lots of improvement haha. We had originally planned to talk to her about how God is our Heavenly Father again because we didn't feel like she understood it very well from the first time but she really wanted to know about Jesus Christ's teachings and his Gospel so we just went with it! She seemed very engaged and excited to learn more. But sadly that will be our last time teaching her. Collin on the other hand was in English and it was super great! We talked with him about prayer, faith, and repentance and he seemed very moved by it. I hope this week he can apply what we taught and see how God feels about him. We'll see next week with our last lesson with him.

A thought I'd like to share:
The Atonement of Jesus Christ is one of the most powerful things that we can know about and have in our lives. It is the ultimate gift from our Heavenly Father and the ultimate sacrifice from our Brother. Nothing else compares. Without the Atonement we would all become increasingly more broken and battered. Not able to overcome physical or spiritual death. Not able to overcome simple mistakes. But the Atonement covers EVERYTHING! Through Jesus Christ we can feel whole and full of joy. We can have hope that we will be able return to our Heavenly Father after this life. But we have to be willing to repent. I know repentance can be scary. But I encourage you to repent. Daily. It'll really change your life. Turn your heart and your mind to the Savior and become more like him. That's what I am called to do on this mission. To bring people unto repentance through Jesus Christ and his Gospel. This knowledge has brought me so much joy and comfort. I have felt God's love surround me as I've tried to become better everyday. I testify that the Atonement is real. It's redeeming AND enabling power are real. This Gospel is true. Find it out for yourself! I hope you all have amazing weeks! :)

Love,
Burton 長老

 

No comments:

Post a Comment