Sunday, February 7, 2021

Email February 6, 2021


Email February 6, 2021 - Elder Brigham Craig Burton
ごしゅうかん!!(Week 5)

こんにちは!

Well, this week has gone by just as crazy fast as all the other ones! And I think today is officially the halfway mark of my MTC experience! It's been a great one.

We taught our first (kind of real) lesson in Japanese on Wednesday! The girl we met with is named Kenna and she is super nice! She was definitely very understanding of our sketchy Japanese haha. I think that it went way better than I imagined it going though so that's good! Also shout out to Jones ちょうろう for being a master at Japanese. It would've been a lot more rough without him haha. We taught her about how God is our loving Heavenly Father and how we can pray to him for guidance. We asked her to talk to her family about what we taught and to pray about our message. We'll see what happens next week!

Other than that we've really just been grinding out our Japanese learning and our study of the Gospel. It's really really awesome! Our discussions can get very deep and it's just cool to talk about that stuff that no one exactly knows all the answers to. Mind bending kinda things haha.

A scripture with a thought I'd like to share:
I came across Mosiah 5:13 in my personal scripture study and I really liked it, it says, 
13 For how aknoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?
How can we know Jesus Christ if we have not served him? Or kept him in our hearts? The simple answer is that we can't. In order to REALLY know Jesus Christ, as a brother and a friend, we must try to give our whole selves to him. We must choose him everyday. Choose to pray. Choose to repent. Choose to serve. And when we falter and inevitably lose our way, we can turn to him again and he will be waiting to help us with open arms. And if you don't know him that well? He is eagerly waiting for you to talk to him. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know He is my Savior and I know He is yours too. Choose Christ!

I hope you all have an amazing week! :)

Love,
Burton ちょうろう

No comments:

Post a Comment