Monday, January 18, 2016

Email January 18, 2016

Email January 18, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Baptism!

Some days you just have bad luck with cibers. We spent three hours this morning looking for an open ciber. You know what they say, 6th times the charm haha. It was actually kinda fun traveling all over the place just searching around. Just two guys in shirts and ties wandering around the suburbs of Argentina. Doesn´t get much better than that :)

The baptism of Diego went great Saturday! He was super ready and excited. He really has made so much progress, it´s been cool to work with him and become his friend. We had an atendance of 22 which was super good considering that our average sunday atendance is 45. Everything went great, it was a good day. Oh. except for the fact that we forgot to get the key to the baptisimal faunt before hand so we had to run to the bishops house in 95 degree wheather to get it in time. Haha, my comp wasn´t too happy after that, it was alright though. 

The sad part was that Diego didn´t show up to church the next day to be confirmed. Turned out he slept in on accident. Oh well, we´ll do it next week.

This week we had interviews with president which was great. He told me that I will be leaving this area next week. Which is kinda sad, I really have grown to love the people here so much. And I have leaned so much. My time in this area with these people has changed my life forever, it will always have a special plave in my heart. But I am super excited to move on and meet new people and teach this gospel in another part of the lords vineyard. It´ll be interesting to see what happens, I´ll let you know next week.

Elder Barrantes is almost done with his training. It´s been great to serve with him and learn from him. I don´t thing I´ve ever met someone so fearless to spread this gospel and with more passion to do it. He has come such a long way in the last 3 months. He´s become a great missionary. I´m grateful for the time I´ve had with him.

Just found out that our new mission president has been anounced. He´s from Chile which is super cool. It´ll be fun to have a native president and see what changes he brings to the mission. The change will happen it the end of June.

I hope everyone has a great week, thanks for everything!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment