Monday, January 4, 2016

Email January 4, 2016

Email January 4, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Feliz Año Nuevo!!

Feliz año nuevo!! I hope that it was great for everyone! Pretty crazy here, basically just parties and fireworks. Lots and lots of fireworks. A family in our ward here invited us to spent new years eve with them which was great. Played lots of fun games and ate a ton of food. It was a great way to end 2015.

I´m super grateful for this last year, it really changed my life in so many ways. I graduated, went through the temple, and of course the biggest thing, spent 6 months serving the Lord in Argentina. What a great year that i will never forget. The crazy part is that this year will be even better, this is the only year of my life that will be completey spent on my mission. I couldn´t be more excited :) 

I love the new year, it´s such a great chance to look back on what you´ve done and to look forward to what is to come. A time to set goals to align your life a little more to that of Christs. That is definitley my main goal for this year, to focus on becoming just a little more like him in every way I can. I guess thats basically the main goal for life too. You just gotta take it one step at a time.

A scripture that I really like in D and C says something like "Who am I to promise and not to fulfill?" Something like that, I don´t really know in english. And I don´t remember what verse it is exactly, sorry. But I´ve kinda taken this verse and applied it to me and my goals for this year. "Who am I to set goals, and not to fulfill them?" Nobody. There is no point in setting goals if we don´t do them. So thats something I´ll be focusing on this year.

On saturday our investigator Diego Chaile had his interview for his baptism. He did great. We learned of a few things that we need to reteach him but he was cleared to be baptised the 16 of this month which is great! We´re super excited and it´s been great to see DIego progress as we´ve taught him. He is very timid and when we first began teaching him, saying a simple prayer was a huge challenge for him. But now it´s easy and he´s really began to open up. He´s even making an effort to learn to read now where before he didn´t reallly care. Pretty cool to see this gospel change peoples lives, even that of 12 year olds.

It was a great week here in Argentina, Hope it was for yo guys too! Love you all, thanks for everything.


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment