Monday, May 16, 2016

Email May 16, 2016

Email May 16, 2016 – Elder Isaac Burton
Capilla Abierta, intercambios

Another great week! This week we did two exchanges with some elders in the zone which was great. The two elders that I was with are both pretty new, they have less than 3 months in the mission. I love being with new missionaries because you can just feel their excitement and passion for the work. They just want to do everything and work hard, it´s so awesome. Gives me a greater desire to have that passion and energy in all that I do.

This week we had a capilla abierta (Open chapel) in one of the wards in our stake. It went super well, we had a ton of people come and we were able to talk to a ton of people.

This last week I studied a lot about repentance. It´s something I´m trying to understand better so that I can better apply it to my own life and the lifes of my investigators. I have a talk by Elder Bednar that talks about the two powers that we recieve from the atonement: the redeeming and the enabling powers. The way that we use the atonement in our lives is through repentance. So there are also two types of repentance: one to help redeem us from sins we have done, and the other to help us improve and become more like our savior. I think we often forget about the second. Repentance is change. In this way we really can repent daily. We might not have major sins to repent of but we all have weakness and errors that impede us from becoming like Christ. We can change things on a daily basis, a little at a time, though repentance and through the atonment of Christ. 

Just a few thoughts that have been of my mind. Moroni 10:32-33 expains it really well I think.

I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for everything that you all do for me!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment