Monday, May 2, 2016

Email May 2, 2016

Email May 2, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Interviews, white storm

Wow, this week the tempurature dropped a ton. We were in the low thirties for most of the week. It usually doesn´t get that low until july or august. Weird how that is like super cold here haha.

On saturday we did a white storm here in our area. A white storm is when a bunch of missionarys come to one area for a few hours to do divisions with the members and contact tons of less actives and other people. They´re awesome, it was pretty succesful here. We now have a ton of people that we can visit and teach, should be a busy week. 

We also had interviews with president this week which was great. As zone liders, my comp and I were able to teach a few workshops to the missionaries in the zone. We focused our workshop on the vision that each of us should have for how pleased we want God to be with our service at the end of our missions and how to fulfil that vision. Basically we challenged everyone that the end of their mission, right before thier plane takes off, to pray and ask God how pleased he is with thier mission. We talked about what we want to recieve as a answer to that prayer. The answer that I am stiving for and that we talked about with the zone, is found in Mathew 25:21. "And the Lord said: Well done, good and faithful servant. Over a few things you have been faithful, over many I will put you. Enter into the joy of your lord." I love this scripture. I think really that is what we all want to hear from our father in heaven one day. "Well done, good and faithful servant." I cant imagine something better. Everything depends in what we do today in this life. We just have to strive everyday to follow him and one day we can hear those words.

Griselda and Juan Carlos passed thier baptisimal interviews!! They´ll be baptized this saturday at 5:00. They are so great, I´m so happy for them. I´ll send pics next week.

Thanks for everything, I love you all! I hope you have a great week!


Les Quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment