Monday, July 18, 2016

Email July 18, 2016

Email July 18, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
First week in Lanús

Wow, what an awesome week that it has been. I already love this area and my new comp Elder Ginatto. I don´t think I´ve ever had a comp who just wants to work so much and give it everything he´s got. I´m learning a ton from him already, it´s gonna be an awesome transfer.

We found eight new investigatores this week, all of which are awesome. But one guy that we found named Carlos is particularly prepared. We came across his name in the old investigator records and decided to pass by his house to met him. He let us in and was super nice. Explained to us that his his three kids and wife passed away due to various causes and that now he just wonders all the time about the purpose of our lives here on the earth and what is God´s purpose for us. We shared with him Moses 1:39 and expained what God´s purpose is and why we are here. It was a very spirtual lesson and I know he felt the spirit. He ended with a prayer that was one of the most powerful and sincere prayers that I have heard on the mission. He really wants to know God´s will for him. We´re super excited to work with him.

 I feel like this week I progressed a lot. I don{t really know how to explain it, but suddenly I feel very confident in the things I do. Before when I taught there was always just a little bit of fear in the back of my mind that I would say something wrong or not know what to say at all. That fear is now gone. The words flow as the spirit brings them to my mind. Brings to mind the scripture D&C 6:36- "Come unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not." I feel like I´ve grown a lot closer to my Savior this week. And as I´ve come unto him he has cast the fear and doubt from my mind. I still have a long long way to go, but I´m taking steps. Repentance is a process.

Well I don´t really know what more to write. It was a great week, i just don´t know how to put the majority on paper. I hope you all have a great week, Thanks for everything!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment