Monday, July 25, 2016

Email July 25, 2016

Email July 25, 2016 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Back with my MTC comp

Another awesome week here in Lanús! One of those weeks where there just isn´t enough time in the day and you´re literally running from place to place. Those are the weeks make life as a missionary, I love it. This transfer we set a goals as a district for how many lessons we want to teach in the transfer. We have a pretty crazy goal, but it has been awesome to help us increase the number of lessons that we have. We´re still not where we want to be but we are improving and really learning how to use our time efectively.  It´s been fun.

Tuesday was awesome. We had an awesome lesson with the Martinez Family. The wife is a less active who is just reactviating and her husband is now taking the lessons. We taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong! It was our first lesson with him and we set a baptisimal date for the 13th of august. That night his wife sent us a text message that he was studing in the book of mormon and asking tons of questions. It´lll be cool to see his progress. 

Another investigator that we have named Pedro is doing awesome! He´s preparing to be baptized the 13th also. I don´t know if I´ve ever taught someone so prepared. The other night we sent him a text to read in 1 Nephi 3:7 and when he read it he replied. "ahhh...You guys are changing the life that I had before...thank you." Of course we explained who it really is who is changing his life. But yeah, He´s dong great.

I had the chance this week to divisions with my old comp from the MTC! He is now a district leader in my zone and we always do divisions with all the district leaders. BUt it was awesome! Pretty cool to see how far we´ve both come in the last year. The last time we had really worked together we were still struggling to pray in spanish. The mission is amazing. I´m so grateful for this incredible oportunity that I have.

Well, I hope you all had a great pioneer day and I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for everything!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment