Monday, May 15, 2017

Email May 15, 2017

Email May 15, 2017 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
New companion!

It´s been a great week!! This week was full of eventful things, first of which is that I got a new companion! I´m still with Elder Tenhoeve who has been my comp for the last almost 8 months, but now we are in a trio with an awesome missionary named Elder Cahoon! He will be my replacement once I take off, so we are just kinda showing him the ropes for now so that he knows how everything works. But he´s great, he´s from Montana and has a year and a half in the mission. We are already super good friends because he has worked with us in the offices as secretary for the last six months. I´m excited to be his comp and will be an awesome assistant! 

We also had zone conferences this week. They were pretty intense, we talked a lot about obedience and personal worthiness so that we can baptize more people. My comp and I made an awesome video too. Last week we emailed all the parents of the missionaries and asked them to send us  videos of them telling their child what they hope from them as a missionary. We got a lot of responses and ended up putting together a really cool video with all of them. And wow, it had an amazing impact on the missionaries, I have never seen so many missionaries crying, some totally broken down sobbing. The spirit was very strong and we were able to testify of the divinity of this work and how much our families and especially our heavenly father expect from us here in the mission.  It was a very touching experience for everyone. We're excited cause we are really starting to see big changes in the missionaries. The most important part of a missionaries mission is to convert himself and I feel like that is starting to happen a lot more now. It´s so neat to see the gospel change the lives of so many people, the missionaries included. Mine especially. I really do love this gospel, it brings so many blessing to those who strive to live it. All through our Savior Jesus Christ.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!


Con mucho amor, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment