Monday, January 15, 2018

Email January 14, 2018

Email January 15, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Hey everyone!

Hey everyone!
     This was an awesome week, to start it out we had a district meeting where we Skyped with the whole zone because the zone leaders wanted to talk with everyone about what they had talked about in the mission leader meeting. They talked about a lot, but the gist of it was that we just need to talk to way more people. Our main problem as a mission right now is that we're just not talking to as many people as we should every day. So this week my companion and I have been trying to do a lot better and it's starting to pay off, we have a few new investigators with some real potential, and we're gonna find even more. The biggest problem right now is that we're out of Books of Mormon, waiting for more to be delivered, which is hard because I usually use it so much when contacting, but it's ok because I'm learning new methods, especially using pamphlets. But I'm still excited for the 200 we've ordered to come. We were able to teach an investigator named Minami over video chat, it went really well but we haven't been able to do another lesson since. We talked a little through messaging though. We also happened to run into another investigator named Ichi just on the street and we were able to teach him a little which was great. He's got a big test in about two weeks so we haven't been able to meet with him recently. In other news, I was able to watch most of President Monson's funeral, it was so well done. His daughter's talk was amazing, it reminded me of him. He was an amazing man and prophet, I'm going to miss him a lot, but he left a legacy of love and service that I'll never forget. I'm excited to see what the future holds, I know that it's all a part of God's plan, he loves us infinitely and as long as we keep Christ at the center of our lives, everything will work out for the best. I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment