Sunday, January 28, 2018

Email January 28, 2018

Email January 28, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Baptism! Hey Everyone!      This week has been amazing! The other elders in my district got a baptism! It was a 12 year old boy named Mikoto and he's the greatest. He's already read the entire Book of Mormon, and he has really strong faith. For a school project he's making a model Liahona! The only reason he wasn't baptized earlier is because his mom wouldn't let him but she finally allowed it and I'm so happy for him! We also had zone conference this week and it was so great! We really focused on increasing our faith in Christ as a mission and drawing down the power of God to help us because it's His work. So I've been really trying to increase my faith personally, one way I'm doing that is in my Book of Mormon reading I'm highlighting everything about Christ. I've also taken a challenge from President Nelson I heard about to go through every scripture in the Topical Guide about Jesus Christ. There's a ton, and I just started, but I've already felt a huge difference as I've started studying more in depth about Him. Christ is the center of everything, without Him, we would be nothing, but because of Him, we have the chance to receive eternal life. I'm so grateful for everything He's done for us, and my gratitude keeps increasing the more I learn of Him. I encourage everyone to try to learn more about Christ, as you do, you will feel His love more than you can ever have. I love you all, sorry I don't have much time we're about to have a meeting with Sister Oscarson and Sister Eubank and really excited. Have a great week! Love,
Elder Burton 

P.S.We just finished the conference with Sister Oscarson and Sister Eubank and it was great! We got to shake their hands afterward and it was the first time I've shaken the hand of any general authority, it was really cool. The baptism in Eniwa was so great, it was the other elders' but what matters is that a soul was brought to Christ! And he's such an amazing child of God, I'm sure he's going to go on to serve a mission and bless many more lives. Oh yeah I forgot to mention but transfer calls come tomorrow! I'm excited to see what's going to happen! I hope I stay in Eniwa but I'll be happy to go any where the Lord wants me with any companion He puts me with. I just hope I can fulfill whatever purpose He has planned for wherever I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment