Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Email January 3, 2018

Email January 3, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
New Year’s!

Happy New Year's Everyone!
      This week was kinda crazy. New Year's is huge in Japan, so for the last few days we haven't gone out proselyting, instead we cleaned our apartment and spent a lot of time with members. We've eaten so much this week! One member took us too an all you can eat restaurant, it was amazing! And to top it all off we got to go to the temple today! It was great. I'm excited to get back to work though, it's a new year and I feel like it's going to be the start of something big in Japan. The people of Japan need the gospel so much and we need to pick up the pace of the work we're doing.
Ok so while I was writing this email I just found out that President Monson just passed away. I don't really know what to say. He will be very missed. He's the President I've mostly grown up with. He has done so much to bless the church and the world his many years as an apostle and prophet. Now he's continuing his work on the other side. The last conference address he gave was about the power of the Book of Mormon. I'd encourage everyone to read it, it's a short but amazing talk. I love you all, sorry this email was kinda short, today was really busy. Have a great week!
Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment