Monday, January 8, 2018

Email January 8, 2018

Email January 8, 2018 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton
Hey Everyone!

Hey everyone!
     This has been a great week! I love the new year because everyone is so motivated to change and become better, which is really important. I've been really focusing on coming unto Christ and becoming more like Him, and as I've been trying to do that I've really felt the promise from Ether 12:27 that "If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness." The more I try to change and do better, the more weaknesses I realize I have. I'm so grateful though for the other part of the promise, "...for if they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I've definitely felt that as well, even though I still have so far to go. A song that really describes how I feel is hymn#131 "More Holiness Give Me".
      We had a pretty cool experience the other day. We basically got found by an investigator instead of the other way around. This college student walked up to us and said (in Japanese) "Hello! Are you college students?" What's funny is that's the way we often approach people, so I felt a little like I was being contacted by a missionary haha. But the coolest part was that obviously that question leads straight into us explaining why we're actually in Japan, and sharing our message and he was super interested. In fact, from the questions he asked I almost suspected that he actually knew we were missionaries and wanted to learn about the church but just wanted to play it cool and act like it was new to him. But anyway we got his number, now we just need to find a time when he can meet. We also got an appointment for Wednesday to teach someone over video chat so we'll see how that goes, I'm excited. Sorry I don't have a ton to talk about, it's only been half a week since my last email. We're going bowling as a district for P-day today I'm excited. Have a great week everyone! I love you all!
Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment