Saturday, July 25, 2015

Email July 25, 2015

Email July 25,2015 – Elder Isaac. K. Burton
Another great week in the MTC!

Hey everyone!
  This week has been great! Nothing to crazy or exciting except for the fact that I've already almost been here for 4 weeks. This week has gone super fast! It feels like last P-day was just yesterday. Everyday is filled with awesome classes and study time. The new missionaries that came to our zone last week are doing great! they've all gotten into the swing of things and they're all gonna be awesome missionaries. I found out that we have the biggest zone in the whole MTC now so that's pretty cool. I think this next week we.ll get our travel plans! We are supposed to be heading out on August 10th, and so our district is starting to get really antsy. We got some emails from some elders in the district ahead of us who are now in Argentina and it sounds awesome! None of us are ready to go with the language, but we are all ready to get there anyway. At the same time though, I still love the MTC! It, truly a special place and a once in a lifetime experience. Last week we were able to go to the temple for the first time since being here because it had been closed for cleaning. IT was super nice though to be able to go and I fell like it was a whole different experience to go through as a missionary. I cant wait to go through the Buenos Aires temple when we get down there, I'm sure we,ll be able to go a lot because its in our mission. We are way lucky with that.
       Two missionaries in my district have been sick for the last few days which has been rough. We gave them both blessing though and now they're both doing great. The power of the priesthood is amazing. I am so grateful to be able to hold it. Something that I've thought a lot about this week is the blessing and gift of being on a mission. You always here people talking about sacrificing to years to serve a mission and how its an opportunity for us to give to back to God. The truth though I think is that is Gods gift to us. God doesn't have to use 18 and 19 year old men and women to preach his gospel. I'm sure there are many things that he could do as God to spread the gospel. But he gives us the chance to serve and be missionaries because he knows it is whats best for us. Its through missions that most people become truly converted to the lord and are ale to truly convert others. We will gain so much more from serving a mission than we could ever give from serving a mission. Cause the more we give, the more we get. You reap what you sew, and the mission field is the best possible field to plant your seeds in. The more seeds you plant, The greater the harvest you will have. Its pretty amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve.
       Everything is great, thanks for all your support. I love you all.

Love, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment