Monday, October 26, 2015

Email October 26, 2015

Email October 26, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
I love to see the temple

It´s been another great week! We were able to go to the temple two days in a row this week which was awesome! The first time was on friday with our investigator Maria. She seemed to love it, especially all the plants and flowers. She was just amazed with how beautiful they all were which I thought was cool. We taught her a lesson in the waiting room of the temple and I think it went pretty well. We have had two baptisimal dates with Maria that havent worked out, the last one because her daughter doesnt want her to get baptised. She said if she does then she will never see her grandchildred. So thats been hard. We have been praying a lot for her and in the temple Maria decided that she thinks she can talk to her daughter and that she´ll be ok to be baptised on the 14 of november. So thats our new fecha for her, I´m praying daily that everything works out and that her daughters heart will be softened. On saturday we went again to the temple with an inactive member and her daughter. It was another great experience and I could tell they loved it. They commited to begin coming to church agian wich we are super happy about. The spirit at the temple is so amazing, I´m so grateful to have one so close to my area that I can use as such a great teaching tool. On the way back from the temple though I think some bad empanadas that I ate hit me, so I spent the rest of the night throwing up which was not the greatest thing ever. That´s the life of a missionary though. I was blessed to be able to feel better the next morning and give a talk in sacrament meeting on the atonenment. 

Also this week we set a fecha with an old investigator that we´d been trying to get ahold of for a while. We finally were able to this week and she commited to a baptisimal date for the 14 or November. She just needs to stop smoking so we´re working on the with her. Hopefully all goes well.

Yesterday was the presidential election here in Argentina and I guess they get kinda crazy so our president told us to stay in our apartments all day. So it was a good day to get some extra studying and cleaning in which was nice.

This is the last week of this transfer, crazy how fast time flies. I´ll be getting a new companion for sure next, my companion right now has almost 9 months in this area so president told him that he will for sure be changed this transfer. So I´m excited to see what this next transfer will bring. I home everone is doing well. Have a great week!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment