Monday, December 28, 2015

Email December 28, 2015

Email December 28, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Christmas in Argentina!!

I have no idea how Papa Noel (Santa Claus) makes it through Argentina without getting blown out of the sky. I have never seen so many fireworks in my life, pretty dang cool. Christmas here totally puts 4th of July to shame in the states. On christmas eve, right at midnight, basically the whole country explodes with fireworks and it lasts for about an hour. It sounds like a war zone and the sky on all sides is just lit up with fireworks. Pretty cool, big differnce from the quite, peaceful Christmas in Utah. Supposedly New years eve is even crazier, I´m pretty excited to see it.

We spent Christmas eve with a family in out ward here which was super fun. The rest of Christmas was basically a normal day really. It wasn´t though at the same time, I don´t think I´ve ever been so happy in my life, I know Christ was pouring down his love on us and I definitly felt it. He is with us in this work, even on his birthday :)

Quote for the week: "Work like it all depends on you. Pray like it all depends on the Lord." 

This is something I´m trying to implement more in my mission. Faith without works is dead, in other words, God won´t help us in this life if we don´t first do everything that we can by ourselves. Work work work, and then God and Christ will make up the rest.

We had three investigators come to church yesterday! Diego, Gregorio, and a new investigator named Rosio. I don´t remember if I´ve mentioned Diego before, but he is awesome. 12 years old and he´s progressing super well. He has a date for baptism the 9th of december. It has been a super good experience teaching him because he doesn´t know how to read. So it´s really forced us to teach super simply and clearly which is the way it should always be done really. Nefi says a lot in the scriptures that he delights in the simple and clear things. It really is the better way. ANd by these simple and small things, great things are brought to pass.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a grea Año Nuevo!! I love you all.


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment